With willing community partners, the Save-To-Give Challenge offers several potential benefits to participating residents, local utilities, and the local government or community itself.
Participating residents benefit from:
- increased awareness of low- to no-cost actions to save money on home energy bills,
- increased awareness of eligible utility programs for deeper energy savings (and available incentives), and
- the ability to “give” financially to a local cause at no cost of their own.
Local utilities benefit from:
- receiving free resources and support to assist their customers,
- increased residential energy savings,
- increased customer satisfaction, and
- strengthened relationships and opportunities to engage with customers and local government.
Local governments and the community benefit from:
- Focus on Energy team’s support and technical expertise in running a fun, community-building, and unifying challenge to save energy,
- financial investments made directly to a local charity, and
- residents gaining greater awareness of opportunities to reduce their energy bills through low- and no-cost behaviors.