Eligible utilities must be active participants of Focus on Energy. The pilot presents significant opportunities for utilities to add value to their customers. By committing to host the MyMeter online energy tracking and engagement platform, their customers will be able to track energy use and participate in a positive, community-unifying challenge. The platform, provided at no cost to the utilities, will need to integrate with utilities’ existing customer information systems to facilitate energy tracking by customers. As part of the pilot, Focus on Energy staff will work with utilities to make the process of hosting the engagement platform as streamlined and easy as possible for utility partners. By participating, the utilities also commit to minimal assistance in making community connections and providing basic branding/style input for the platform’s development.
Articles in this section
- What is the Save to Give Challenge?
- How does the Save-To-Give Challenge work?
- What are the goals of the pilot?
- How does or has the COVID-19 pandemic changed this pilot?
- What are the benefits of participating?
- What qualifies as a local cause?
- How are energy actions defined?
- How long does the “Save-To-Give” Challenge last?
- How do I apply?
- When are applications due?