If you are planning to complete a multifamily wall insulation project and receive the rebate from Focus on Energy, make sure it is eligible by referring to these guidelines.
Multifamily Attic Insulation
- These rebates are for providing additional insulation to above grade exterior walls of multifamily (4+ units under one roof) buildings.
- Eligible insulation types include but are not limited to fiberglass batts, spray foam, loose fill cellulose, metalized polymers, or other material providing that the insulation meets local and state building codes.
- Rebates are not to exceed material cost.
- Existing wall insulation must be R-5 or less.
- Additional wall insulation must bring walls up to at least R-20 of cavity insulation.
- The use of R-13 cavity insulation plus R-5 insulated sheathing is considered equivalent to cavity insulation of R-20.
- Sill boxes are able to be considered as part of the exterior wall.
- Square feet of insulation should be listed on the invoice or other supporting documentation provided with the rebate application.
Be sure to review the general program terms here before completing your project.