If you are planning to complete a multifamily attic insulation project and receive the rebate from Focus on Energy, make sure it is eligible by referring to these guidelines.
Multifamily Attic Insulation
- These rebates are for providing additional attic insulation to multifamily (4+ units under one roof).
- Eligible insulation types include but are not limited to fiberglass batts, spray foam, loose fill cellulose, metalized polymers, or other material providing that the insulation meets local and state building codes.
- Incentive is not to exceed material cost.
- Existing attic insulation must be as specified in the measure description: either ≤R-11, between R-12 and R-19, or between R-20 and R-38 (excluding assembly section).
- For existing insulation of ≤R19 additional insulation must bring attic up to R-38 or greater. For existing insulation between R-20 to R-38 additional insulation must bring attic up to R-49 or greater.
- Sq. ft. of insulation should be listed on the invoice or other supporting documentation provided with the rebate application.
Be sure to review the general program terms here before completing your project.