Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) is a measure of a furnace’s overall energy performance. The higher the AFUE, the more heat you get for your heating dollar. Focus on Energy recommends an AFUE of 90% or greater. This means that 90% of the energy in the fuel becomes heat for the home and the other 10% escapes up the chimney and elsewhere.
Please sign in to leave a comment.