If you are planning to install a high-efficiency boiler and receive the incentives from FOCUS ON ENERGY®, make sure it is eligible by referring to these guidelines.
Modulating Natural Gas Boiler with Outdoor Reset Control, 95% AFUE
- Must be a customer of a participating natural gas utility. Verify your utility here: https://focusonenergy.com/about/participating-utilities.
- Boiler must have an annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE) of 95 percent or greater.
- Boiler must have a modulating burner and include an outdoor-air reset control (integrated).
- Boiler must have an input capacity less than 300 MBH (Thousand British Thermal Units per Hour).
- Boiler must be sealed combustion unit.
- Only natural gas boilers are eligible.
- Boiler must be the primary heating source for the home's living space.
- Chimney liners must be installed where a high-efficiency gas boiler replaces an atmospherically-drafted boiler and only a water heater remains vented through the chimney. The interior opening left by the removed boiler must be closed with a metal cap and sealed with caulk or mortar.
- Be sure to check our pre-qualified equipment lists at focusonenergy.com/heatingandcooling
Be sure to review the general program terms here before installing your equipment.