If you are planning to install a high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner combination system and receive the incentive from FOCUS ON ENERGY®, make sure it is eligible by referring to these guidelines.
Natural Gas Furnace 95%+ AFUE Installed with a 16+ SEER Central Air Conditioner
- Must be a customer of a participating electric utility and a participating natural gas utility. Verify your utility here: https://focusonenergy.com/about/participating-utilities.
- Furnace must have an annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE) or 95 percent or greater.
- Seasonal energy efficiency ratio (SEER) for the combination of the furnace, outdoor unit, and inside coil must be 16 or greater.
- SEER based on AHRI database, found at ahridirectory.org, for furnace/air handler, coil, and condenser.
- Qualified furnace and air conditioner must be installed at the same time and may not be combined with individual equipment incentives.
- If installing a qualified furnace and air conditioner and the condenser cannot be set due to weather:
- The evaporator coil must be installed at the same time as the furnace.
- The invoice must include the condenser model and state when the condenser will be installed.
- The application must be submitted within 60 days of the furnace and evaporator coil installed.
- Furnace must be a sealed combustion unit and must be the primary heating source for the home's living space.
- Chimney liners must be installed where a high-efficiency gas furnace replaces an atmospherically-drafted furnace and only a water heater remains vented through the chimney. The interior opening left by the removed furnace must be closed with a metal cap and sealed with caulk or mortar.
- An air source heat pump cannot be used to meet the air conditioner portion of this incentive.
- Be sure to check our pre-qualified equipment lists to confirm furnace eligibility at focusonenergy.com/heatingandcooling.
Be sure to review the general program terms here before installing your equipment.