You must submit supporting income documentation with the income eligibility application. Without this information we cannot determine your eligibility and your application will be considered incomplete, delaying the processing of your application.
You may submit income documentation in three different ways, described below. Please note that you only need to provide one of these types of income documentation, and that the method chosen must be the same for all household members receiving income.
Direct Income Documentation
- For this method if you are currently eligible for additional assistance through one of the below resources, you can verify your eligibility with Focus on Energy by submitting proof of your existing eligibility.
- SNAP / Foodshare
- SSI (Supplemental Security Income), not to be confused with SSA (Social Security)
- Wisconsin Energy Assistance / Home Energy Plus+
- Homestead Tax Credit
- Wisconsin Head Start
- WIC (Women, Infants, and Children)
- Learn more about what type of documents are required here.
Express Income Documentation
- For this method you will need to submit the most recent 1040 Tax Form for each eligible household members along with your Schedule 1 if filed.
- You will also need to submit documentation of any special tax exempt income your household may receive from the following categories:
- Veterans Benefits
- Workers’ Compensation
- Any TANF/W2 support or assistance you may receive
Non-Express, or One Month, Income Documentation
- For this method you will need to submit income documentation for each eligible household member for the last month. For example – if you are submitting your application in April, we would want to review household income from the previous month, March.
- The time frame reviewed must match for all household members. For example – if one person submits documentation from March, all household members must submit income covering the same time period.
- All income received must be reviewed – for assistance determining what type of documentation you can submit, please refer to our guideline document available here, or contact our offices at 855.339.8866.
Please review the income eligibility application for a list of all counted income types. For specific questions on what types of documents to submit, please contact our office at 855.339.8866.