If you are planning to install a high-efficiency combination boiler and receive the incentive from FOCUS ON ENERGY®, make sure it is eligible by referring to these guidelines.
Modulating Combination Natural Gas Boiler with Integrated Domestic Hot Water
and Outdoor Reset Control, 95%+ AFUE
- Must be a customer of a participating natural gas utility. Verify your utility here: https://focusonenergy.com/about/participating-utilities.
- Boiler must have an annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE) of 95 percent or greater.
- Boiler must have a modulating burner and include an outdoor-air resent control (integrated).
- Boiler must have an input capacity less than 300 MBH (Thousand British Thermal Units per Hour).
- Boiler must be sealed combustion unit.
- Domestic hot water storage may not exceed two gallons.
- Boilers must also be the primary heating and domestic water heating source for the home.
- Only natural gas boilers are eligible.
- Chimney liners must be installed where a high-efficiency gas boiler replaces an atmospherically-drafted boiler and only a water heater remains vented through the chimney. The interior opening left by the removed boiler must be closed with a metal cap and sealed with caulk or mortar.
- Be sure to check our pre-qualified equipment lists at focusonenergy.com/heatingandcooling
Be sure to review the general program terms here before installing your equipment.