If you are planning to install a high-efficiency furnace and receive the incentive from FOCUS ON ENERGY®, make sure it is eligible by referring to these guidelines.
Natural Gas Furnace 95%+ AFUE
- Must be a customer of a participating electric utility and a participating natural gas utility. Verify your utility here: https://focusonenergy.com/about/participating-utilities.
- Customer must use natural gas for home heating.
- Furnace must have an annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE) of 95 percent or greater.
- Furnace must have an electronically commutated motor (ECM). An ECM is sometimes referred to as a variable speed, constant-airflow, constant-torque, electronically-efficient (EEM), or X-13 motor. A permanent split capacitor motor (PSC), single- or multi-speed motors are not eligible.
- Only natural gas furnaces are eligible.
- Furnace must be a sealed combustion unit and must be the primary heating source for the home's living space.
- Chimney liners must be installed where a high-efficiency gas furnace replaces an atmospherically-drafted furnace and only a water heater remains vented through the chimney. The interior opening left by the removed furnace must be closed with a metal cap and sealed with caulk or mortar.
- Be sure to check our pre-qualified equipment lists at focusonenergy.com/heatingandcooling
Be sure to review the general program terms here before installing your equipment.