If you are planning to install a smart thermostat and receive the incentive from FOCUS ON ENERGY®, make sure it is eligible by referring to these guidelines.
PLEASE NOTE: If purchased online or from a retailer, please use the Retail Smart Thermostat Application available at focusonenergy.com/smart.
- Must be a customer of a participating electric utility. Verify your utility here: https://focusonenergy.com/about/participating-utilities.
- Home heating source must be provided by a participating utility. Verify your utility here: https://focusonenergy.com/about/participating-utilities.
- Must be purchased and installed by a qualified heating and cooling contractor.
- Smart thermostat must be installed at the same time as a program-qualified furnace, boiler, or air source heat pump.
- Does not qualify if installed with ductless mini-split, ECM replacement, or water heater.
- Eligible models must be selected from the Focus on Energy qualified product list available at focusonenergy.com/smart.
- Program-qualified smart thermostats must feature integrated occupancy-sensing capability, such as motion sensors and/or geofencing with setback.
- Smart thermostat must be installed to use with the home's primary heating source for the home's living space.
- Only homes heated by a natural gas furnace, natural gas boiler or an air source heat pump are eligible for the smart thermostat incentive.
- Smart thermostat must replace an existing thermostat that does not qualify for program incentives.
- The customer must establish the Wi-Fi connection for program-qualified smart thermostats.
- Limit one smart thermostat incentive per home heating system.
- Be sure to check our pre-qualified equipment lists at focusonenergy.com/heatingandcooling
Be sure to review the general program terms here before installing your equipment.