If you are planning to install a smart thermostat and receive the incentive from FOCUS ON ENERGY®, make sure it is eligible by referring to these guidelines.
- Must be a customer of a participating electric utility. Verify your utility here: https://focusonenergy.com/about/participating-utilities.
- Home heating source must be provided by a participating utility. Verify your utility here: https://focusonenergy.com/about/participating-utilities.
Smart thermostat must be installed on a furnace, boiler, or air source heat pump.
Does not qualify if installed on a water heater or ground source heat pump (geothermal).
- Eligible models must be selected from the Focus on Energy qualified product list available at focusonenergy.com/smart.
Thermostat must be certified as an ENERGY STAR® Connected Thermostat, or meet the following requirements:
- Must be Wi-Fi capable.
- Must be capable of internet connection.
- Must feature occupancy sensing, via geolocation and/or motion sensing.
- The above features must be built-in and not require add-on devices or services.
- The application and connectivity service must be free after thermostat purchase.
- Thermostat default behavior must be to set back temperature when house is unoccupied
- Smart thermostat must be installed to use with the home's primary heating source for the home's living space.
- Only homes heated by a natural gas furnace, natural gas boiler or an air source heat pump are eligible for the smart thermostat incentive.
- Smart thermostat must replace an existing thermostat that does not qualify for program incentives.
- The customer must establish the Wi-Fi connection for program-qualified smart thermostats.
- Be sure to check our pre-qualified equipment lists at focusonenergy.com/heatingandcooling
Be sure to review the general program terms here before installing your equipment.
Please sign in to leave a comment.