If you are planning to complete an ENERGY STAR air sealing project and receive the rebate from the Whole Home Improvements path under the Home Performance Program, make sure it is eligible by referring to these guidelines.
ENERGY STAR Air Sealing
- Pre-assessment and Post-inspection blower door testing required
- Blower-Door Guided Air Sealing installed to Materials & Installation (M&I) standards
- Building Performance Institute (BPI) Building Analyst or Envelope Professional Credential Required
- Estimated blower door can be used where hazards that prevent blower door operation exists. See Outreach Specialist for details
- Assessment report that meets Home Performance with Energy Star guidelines must be provided to the customer
- Combustion Safety Test following the full BPI Combustion Safety Testing Protocol
- Must be part of a larger project that includes the Attic Insulation Improvement Measure or the Wall Insulation Improvement measure
Be sure to review the general program terms here before completing your project.