For your knowledge, here is a complete list of the general program terms specific for the Heating and Cooling Improvements path with the Home Performance program.
General Program Terms and Eligibility Requirements:
- Focus on Energy incentives are available to Wisconsin residential customers of participating utilities. Verify your utility here: https://focusonenergy.com/about/participating-utilities.
- Offer is valid for equipment and products purchased and installed between January 1, 2019 and April 30, 2019.
- Only single family dwellings and multifamily dwellings with three or fewer units are eligible for incentives included in this application. Incentives may be available for other customer or property types. Please visit https://focusonenergy.com/business for more information.
- Incentives may not exceed the total purchase price of the energy efficient equipment. The only costs eligible for incentives are: materials; equipment; external labor.
- The program is not responsible for items (i.e. applications, supporting documentation, incentive checks) lost or damaged in the mail.
- Focus on Energy will only pay one incentive for he insulation and air sealing improvement. Incentives paid on this application cannot be claimed on another Focus on Energy application. Similarly, incentives can only be paid to one person or entity (i.e., either the resident or landlord, not both).
- All installations are subject to verification inspection by the program to ensure proper installation.
- Participants must allow, if requested, the program or a program representative reasonable access to their home to verify the installation.
You are only eligible to participate in the program if you are:
- A current residential customer of a participating utility in Wisconsin at the time of installation; or
- A landlord (who is not the utility account holder) who paid for the installation in the residence of a current residential customer of a participating utility in Wisconsin at the time of installation; and
To be considered complete and eligible for incentives, all applications must:
- Be postmarked no later than 60 days after the installation date.
- Be signed by the purchaser (Utility Account Holder, Landlord, or Applicant signing on behalf of the Utility Account Holder).
- Include itemized contractor invoice(s) or proof of purchase receipt(s) containing:
- Description of insulation and air sealing improvements made
- Total installed cost
- Purchase date and installation date (if purchased and installed on separate dates)
- Professional contractor’s business/company name, address, and phone number
- Balance due of zero, paid in full stamp, or payment terms