If you are planning to install a high-efficiency boiler and receive the incentive from the Heating and Cooling Improvements path under the Home Performance Program, make sure it is eligible by referring to these guidelines.
Modulating Natural Gas Boiler with Outdoor Reset Control, 95% AFUE
- Boiler must have an input capacity less than 300 MBH (Thousand British Thermal Units per Hour).
- Boiler must be sealed combustion unit.
- Only natural gas boilers are eligible.
- Boiler must be the primary heating source for the home's living space.
- Boiler must have a modulating burner and include an outdoor-air reset control (integrated).
- Chimney liners must be installed where a high-efficiency gas boiler replaces an atmospherically-drafted boiler and only a water heater remains vented through the chimney. The interior opening left by the removed boiler must be closed with a metal cap and sealed with caulk or mortar.
- Be sure to check our pre-qualified equipment lists at focusonenergy.com/heatingandcooling
Be sure to review the general program terms here before installing your equipment.