If you are planning to replace your furnace blower motor with an electronically commutated motor (ECM) and receive the incentive from the Heating and Cooling Improvements path under the Home Performance Program, make sure it is eligible by referring to these guidelines.
- Must replace a permanent split capacitor (PSC) blower motor in an existing furnace or air handler.
- Existing furnace must have an annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE) of 90 percent or greater.
- Existing furnace must be a sealed combustion unit.
- Must be a customer of a participating electric utility.
- Furnace must be the primary heating source for the home's living space.
- Be sure to check our pre-qualified equipment lists at focusonenergy.com/heatingandcooling
Be sure to review the general program terms here before installing your equipment.