If you are planning to install an air source heat pump and receive the incentive from the Heating and Cooling Improvements path under the Home Performance Program, make sure it is eligible by referring to these guidelines.
Air Source Heat Pump
- Air source heat pump with a minimum of 16 seasonal energy efficiency ratio (SEER) and a minimum of 8.4 heating seasonal performance factor (HSPF).
- SEER and HSPF based on AHRI database, found at ahridirectory.org, for furnace/air handler, coil, and condenser.
- Coil and condenser must be purchased and installed at the same time.
- Furnace must be LP, oil, or electric fired (natural gas furnaces are not eligible). Must be primary heating source for the home's living space.
- Ductless or mini-split systems do not qualify for this incentive. See ductless mini-split requirements to ensure your equipment and heating system qualify.
- Cannot combine with Focus on Energy furnace, ECM replacement, or ductless mini-split incentive.
- Must be a customer of a participating electric utility
- Limited to customers who do not have access to natural gas.
Be sure to review the general program terms here before installing your equipment.