If you are planning to install a high-efficiency combination boiler and receive the incentive from the Heating and Cooling Improvements path under the Home Performance Program, make sure it is eligible by referring to these guidelines.
Modulating Combination Natural Gas Boiler with Integrated Domestic Hot Water
and Outdoor Reset Control, 95%+ AFUE
- Must be a customer of a participating natural gas utility. Verify your utility here: https://focusonenergy.com/about/participating-utilities.
- Boiler must have an annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE) of 95 percent or greater.
- Boiler must have a modulating burner and include an outdoor-air resent control (integrated).
- Boiler must have an input capacity less than 300 MBH (Thousand British Thermal Units per Hour).
- Boiler must be sealed combustion unit.
- Domestic hot water storage may not exceed two gallons.
- Boilers must also be the primary heating and domestic water heating source for the home.
- Only natural gas boilers are eligible.
- Chimney liners must be installed where a high-efficiency gas boiler replaces an atmospherically-drafted boiler and only a water heater remains vented through the chimney. The interior opening left by the removed boiler must be closed with a metal cap and sealed with caulk or mortar.
- Be sure to check our pre-qualified equipment lists at focusonenergy.com/heatingandcooling
Be sure to review the general program terms here before installing your equipment.