Incentive amounts are calculated based on estimated first year energy savings:
- $0.03/kWh ($0.02/kWh for lighting projects)
- $100/peak kW
Application must be approved prior to project initiation, before purchase orders are processed. A Focus on Energy Advisor will help customers gather energy savings calculations, a project proposal and a statement of need for incentive, then submit an application on their behalf.
- Not available for projects with a simple payback (based on energy savings) less than 1.5 years or greater than 8 years. Incentive may reduce energy based payback no lower than 1.5 years.
- Limited to 30% of a project’s cost.
- Limited to $200,000 per project.
- The maximum total of all incentives for an individual customer may receive per calendar year is $400,000 (designated by Tax ID)
- Peak kW is the average reduction between 1PM and 4PM weekdays during June, July, and August.
- Incentive levels are subject to change.
- Not available for projects with prescriptive incentive offerings.
- Not available for HVAC Chiller replacement.
- New Construction measures (i.e. without replacement of existing equipment) in the Steam Trap, VFD, or Compressed Air sections of the Process System Incentive Catalog are not eligible for any type of incentive.
For more information please reference the 2017 Custom Incentive Guide.