Custom projects and incentives are calculated on a case-by-case basis for non-standard technologies and projects, and are based on size and type of organization and level of energy use. Below are the custom incentive requirements for the Large Energy Users Program:
- Incentives will not be provided for projects with a simple payback less than 1.5-years based on energy savings.
- LEU customers' simple payback is 5 years based on energy savings.
- Custom incentives cannot be greater than 30% of a project’s cost for LEU customers. LEU customers' projects may be limited to no less than 10% of the project cost.
- The maximum incentive for a custom project is $150,000 for LEU customers.
- The maximum total for all incentives an individual customer may receive per calendar year is $300,000 for LEU customers.
Depending on your business tax classification, you may receive IRS Form 1099 for incentives totaling over $600 in a calendar year. For more information please reference the 2016 Custom Incentive Guide.