The objective of this Dairy Processing Energy Best Practice Guidebook is to provide resources and methods to reduce energy use and energy related costs in dairy processing facilities. Using this guidebook, dairy processing facility managers will learn how to manage energy in their facility and uncover opportunities to significantly reduce facility energy consumption.
• Guidelines and tools for energy management best practices
• Average energy use for typical dairy processing facilities
• Description of over 20 best practices for process energy use and other best practices for common system energy use
• Best practice funding and financing opportunities
• References for further opportunities in dairy processing energy efficiency and energy demand reduction