The objective of this Corn-based Ethanol Production Energy Best Practice Guidebook is to provide resources and methods to reduce energy use and energy related costs in existing dry mill ethanol plants. Using this guidebook, ethanol plant managers will learn how to manage energy in their facility and uncover opportunities to significantly reduce facility energy consumption.
- Guidelines and tools for energy management best practices.
- Average energy use for typical corn-based ethanol facilities.
- Description of best practices for process energy use and common system energy use.
- Description of emerging technologies and the potential impact on energy use.
- References for further opportunities in ethanol production energy efficiency and energy demand reduction.